Located on Sydney's North Shore, 10km from the CBD, Chatswood is one of the city's most significant business and shopping districts.
With modern high rise residential and office buildings lining the skyline, Chatswood has fast become a hub for corporate travellers doing business out of the city and with an abundance of shopping and restaurant options there is never a shortage of things to do.
Westfield Chatswood is home to 257 stores with everything from big brands like Myer and JB HiFi to upmarket fashion brands including Country Road, SABA and Cue.
Only minutes drive from Westfield, visitors will find Chatswood Chase with another 200 stores on offer. Home to David Jones and designer brands like Carla Zampatti, Scanlan & Theodore and Sass & Bide, Chatswood Chase is a one stop shop for the fashion conscious.
More than just business and shopping, Chatswood is known for its many cafes and restaurants with a focus on Asian cuisine. The area is home to some of the best Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Mongolian and Taiwanese food and is renowned for its particularly good Yum Cha.
Things to do in Sydney
- Circular Quay
- Sydney Opera House
- Taronga Zoo
- Luna Park
- The Concourse Chatswood
- Zenith Theatre
- Olympic Park
- Chatswood Melody Market (Thursdays and Fridays 10am-9pm)
- Chatswood Park
- Chatswood Westfield Shopping Town
Sydney events not to miss
- Sydney Running Festival - September
- Bledisloe Cup - August
- NRL Grand Final - September
- Sydney Festival - January
- Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras - February-March
- Tropfest - February-March
- Chinese New Year Festival - February-March
- Royal Easter Show - March-April
- Australian Fashion Week - April-May
- Sydney Writers' Festival - April-May
- Sydney Film Festival - June-July
- City To Surf - August
- Sydney Design Week - August
- Manly Jazz Festival - September-October
- Good Food Month - September-October
- Darling Harbour Latin Festival - September-October
- Sculpture By The Sea - November-December
- Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race - November-December
- New Year's Eve - November-December